Monday 18 May 2015

The Hero- By Toby

As a reflection of our ANZAC service, the children in Room 12 planned and wrote a short narrative from the perspective of a soldier, nurse, or family member, reflecting on the events of the War. They did a wonderful job, using emotive language and detailed descriptions of the setting and events. Here is just one example of the fabulous work.


The Hero
April 25th- A soldier called Penty waits in the trench for his turn to fight. Suddenly, a shell whistled through the air as fast as a meteor heading right for Earth! It crashed down near the trench. The commander decided they needed an air force, so they started with one plane and Penty was chosen to fly it... until he got shot down.

5 minutes left. I started to load my plane. 
2 seconds left. The engines on the plane roared. It lifted me into the air and flew away. As soon as I got above the clouds, I passed a battalion and bullets whistled from the wings and shot down the enemy plane. 

When I got above the enemy trenches, I dropped bombs into them. Even though I was 197 289 metres above the ground, I still heard the cry of millions of soldiers as they got ripped to bits. 

Suddenly, I realised I was  low on fuel. I raced back to our trenches and landed. I got out and jumped into a tank and went out, while my plane got returned.

I found our troops digging half way up the mountain, so they had a better chance of killing the enemy. I drove up to an enemy trench and shot down into it. There were screams as ice cold bullets whistled into the trench and found their targets.

I went back to my plane, jumped in and went back to the enemy trenches. I fired thousands of missiles. There were again cries as well as massive explosions went through the air.

I landed. A great cheer rose up. We had won the war and I could return to my family at last.



No comments:

Post a Comment